Before you start this operation, please make sure that:
- You have a recent backup of your database: a version 10 database cannot work with previous versions of the product.
- You have shrunk or compacted your database.
- Your SQL server has sufficient free disk space. If the last version you used was earlier than 9.2, will need to carry out several successive upgrade operations in a row. We recommend you to provide twice as much free disk space as the actual database size, e.g. 100 GB if the size of your database is 50 GB.
- Your database uses the SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS collation.
- Your database uses the 'Simple' recovery model, at least for the time of the conversion process. This will limit the growth of the transaction log.
Please follow these steps to migrate from version 9 to version 10:
- Install Promodag Reports v.10. Version 10 can perfectly be installed on the same machine as version 9. However, both versions use a separate, different database format and they cannot share a common database. Note: Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 are no longer supported.
- Start Promodag Reports v.10.
- Create a new database, or open an existing database.
- If you decide to create a new database, the software will remain in evaluation mode until you apply a valid v.10 license file to that database.
- If you decide to open an existing database, you will be immediately prompted for the v. 10 license file, and then your database will automatically be converted to the version 10 format.
- Migrate your existing report option and batch files. You can transfer all the custom reports, "favorites" and batch files you created in the previous version of by following these steps:
- Locate those files in your old installation of Promodag Reports. To find the path to \Batches and \Selections sub-directories in this old version, start it and check the General tab of Tools > Options of your v.9 installation. If you have already removed it, search for *.pro and *.prb files on the computer.
- Copy them, and then paste them into the common program setting sub-directories of v.10. This path is displayed in the General tab of Tools > Options of Promodag Reports v.10.
- Test your custom reports and save them again if necessary: some new options have been added in v.10.
- Test your batch files. You can use the Tools > Run a Group of Reports to test all reports contained in a batch file.
- Delete all Windows scheduled tasks related to Promodag Reports v.9.
- Recreate them using the Tools > Task Automation option of Promodag Reports v.10.