I am wondering if Promodag Reports can provide an e-mail aging report.
For example, we would like to identify how many messages, in each database, are older than 6 months of age. Ideally, we would have a graph with the X axis being the number or months (ago) and the Y axis representing the item count. This information would be useful when preparing for archiving.
The report template you need is called Item Breakdown by Age, and you will find it on the Templates > Mailbox Content menu. This graphical report displays a histogram of items contained in selected mailboxes and broken down by age. Information is dynamically collected through a MAPI connection to the Exchange server.
You would apply the following settings:
- Selection tab: All organization mailboxes, or Mailboxes by, Database (where you will then select some particular DBs).
- Group tab: Level 1 = Database.
- Folders tab: All folders.
- Intervals tab: you may define your own age intervals (see screenshot below).
- Filter tab: you may select all types of items, i.e. mail, note, contact... or only some of them.
- Content tab: you may want to see whether all selected mailboxes match your criteria, or if some of them are not accessible.
- Output tab: Your own choice (Screen, Printer, Disk file, Email recipient,Sharepoint, Database table).
You will finally obtain a report similar to this one: