I would like to know what report showing unopened ('unread') messages in users' mailboxes.
The report template you are looking for is called General Mailbox Content
and you will find it on the Templates > Mailbox Content
menu. Information is dynamically collected through an EWS connection to the Exchange server.
You will apply the following settings:
- Selection tab: Select the mailboxes to be scanned.
- Folders tab: Select the folder or the set of folders to be scanned - for example, the Inbox. Select the Sub-folders check box to get the entire folder hierarchy under the Inbox.
- Filter tab: Set the following filter: [Read] Equals False.
- Options tab: Sort mailboxes by name, item count, item size or folder count.
- Content tab: Check Mailbox to obtain a mere total per mailbox, Folder to obtain a total per folder or Item to list each unopened Outlook item.
- Presentation tab: Your own choice.
- Output tab: Your own choice (Screen, Exploring form, Printer, Disk file, Email recipient, Exchange folder, Sharepoint, Database table).