I would like to run a report on messages sent and/or received by a particular user, a group of mailboxes, or by all users in my organization. How do I do that ?
You should use the General Mailbox Traffic
report template, that you will find on the Templates > Mailbox Traffic
menu, and apply the following settings:
- Period tab: Select a period for your report.
- Selection tab: Recipient type: Mailbox, Recipients by: Display name (or Server, Organizational Unit, Department...). This is where your will select one or more user mailboxes, or all mailboxes in the organization.
- Correspondents tab: You may either display all address types, or only some of them (e.g. Administrative groupe, Like, * for internal traffic, Internet domain, Like, * for external traffic).
- Group tab: No grouping.
- Options tab: Count messages sent to n recipients, once.
- Content tab: This is where you will select the detail level of your final report. The more check boxes you select, the more detailed - and the longer - your report will be.
Optional mailbox attribute
- Under Detail level, select Totals only to get a one-line report, an overview of your email traffic.
- Select the Mailbox check box to show the display name of mailboxes, and their individual traffic.
- Select the Correspondents' address type check box to also qualify this email traffic (Exchange, Internet...)
- Select the Correspondents' domain check box to display the correspondents' SMTP domains (for Internet traffic: e.g. yahoo.com...).
- Select the Correspondents check box to display the correspondents' SMTP addresses (Internet traffic) or their display names (internal traffic).
- Select the Message check box to display the subject, size, and date/time sent or received of all messages included in your report.
may be set to E-mail address
, for example. You can also select the direction of messages (Sent, Received or both).
- Presentation tab: Choose a title for your report, and a size unit (MegaBytes for example).
- Output tab: Your own choice (Screen, Printer, Disk file, Email recipient, Exchange folder, Sharepoint).
See also: How do I obtain a report on traffic between two groups of mailboxes (or two mailboxes) ?