Follow these steps to retrieve Message Tracking Log files from Office 365:
- Download and install StoreLog.
- Launch the application.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Office 365 tab.
- Enter the user name and password of an Office 365 user that has the Billing Admin or the Service Admin role on the organization.
- On the File menu, click New Database and create a new Access or SQL database.
- On the File menu, click Create Office 365 Message Tracking Files.
- Click OK to generate message tracking logs.
StoreLog will then query Office 365 and generate one log per day, covering a period of 30 days at the most. The default directory for generated Message Tracking Log files is %PUBLIC%\Documents\Promodag\Storelog\4\Office365MessageTracking\<Organization
name> and the name format of these files is MSGTRKyyyymmdd-1.log.
Message Tracking Log files contain the following fields:
- Received: Date and time when the message was received, in UTC time;
- SenderAddress: Sender's SMTP address;
- RecipientAddress: Recipient's SMTP address;
- Subject: Subject line of the message;
- Status: Message status (Delivered, Resolved...);
- ToIP: IP address of the recipient server;
- FromIP: IP address of the last server/router the message went through;
- Size: Message size in Bytes;
- MessageId: Unique ID of the message;
- MessageTraceId: Message Trace ID of the message.
Once you have generated these log files you can:
- Archive them for further processing.
- Open them in a text editor to search for a particular subject or recipient.
- Import them using StoreLog in an Access or an SQL server database, and then use standard SQL queries to produce simple reports.
- Import them using the next major version of PROMODAG Reports, that will support Office 365.