If you need to generate many reports in order, for example, to publish them on your intranet or to present them to management, you may also need to create an HTML front page with links leading to your automated reports, which can be tedious and time-consuming.
Fortunately, this action can be entirely automated:
- Open the Task Automation window, under the Tools menu.
- Make sure that you have already created some report option files, and added them to a batch file (see the following article: How to automate report generation). Select this batch file to edit your batch.
- Under the Actions node (left pane), select 'Create HTML TOC' and add it to your batch (right pane).
The following options are available:
- Toc template: Select the *.htm template of your choice. We provide two samples with the application and you may add as many files as you want, or modify those templates. The path to those files is displayed in the General tab of Tools > Options.
- Site root: Select the location of your site root. All links to generated reports will be relative to this root.
- Generated TOC path: Select the location where the HTML TOC should be created. It must be a sub-directory of the Site root location.
- Generated TOC file name: Enter the complete file name of your HTML front page, including the *.htm file extension.