I would like to apportion a global amount of 1,500$ between several departments in my company, and I need to take several cost centers into account: sent messages, storage. How can I do that?
The Cost Allocation
report template, that you will find on the Templates > Billing
menu, should meet your requirement.
You can use the following settings:
- Period tab: Select your reporting period, i.e. the period for which you need to rebill sent messages.
- Selection tab: Mailboxes by, Department.
- Group tab: Level 1 = Department.
- Options tab: Enter 1,500 $ in the Amount column, and assign the percentage of the bill you would like to sprend over the cost centers you have defined. For example, 40% of that bill would be allocated to sent messages, and 60% to mailbox storage.
- Presentation tab: Choose a meaninful title for your report, for example 'Traffic and storage cost by department'.
- Output tab: Your own choice (Screen, Printer, Disk file, Email recipient, Exchange folder, Sharepoint).