I would like to know the specific reports I would need to run to obtain the following information:
- The quantity of email sent/received internally.
- The quantity of email sent/received externally.
The Server Traffic Comparison by Correspondent report template would meet your requirements. You will find it on the Templates > Server Traffic menu.
You would use the following settings:
- Period tab: Select your reporting period (warning: imports are limited to 15 days in evaluation mode and therefore it will not be possible to report on more than 15 days if you are evaluating the product);
- Selection tab: Select one or more Exchange server(s);
- Group tab: No grouping (or Server if you have selected several servers);
- Correspondents tab: Select internal and external traffic: Administrative group Like *, Internet domain Like *;
- Recipient type tab: All recipient types;
- Options tab: Count messages sent to n recipients, n times (see How does Promodag Reports process multiple sendings (1 message and n messages count)?);
- Content tab: Select the Correspondents' address type radio button under Detail level;
- Presentation tab: Display: Graph & Table, Size in MB;
- Output tab: Your own choice (Screen, Printer, Disk file, Email recipient, Sharepoint, Database table).
It would give you a pie chart showing your different types of traffic: