You need to connect to a Global Catalog Server (Tools > Options, Directory Connection tab) to import the directory. You must be logged in with an account that has at least the Exchange View Only Administrator role on the Exchange organization in order to be able to import the directory.
Enabling such permission requires a Microsoft Exchange Server administrator role and can be setup with the Exchange Management Console tool.
- Start the Exchange Management Console tool.
- Right-click Organization Configuration and select the Add Exchange Administrator option.
Message tracking files
By default, message tracking is enabled on all Exchange 2007 computers that have the Hub Transport, Mailbox, or Edge Transport server roles installed.
Note: You can enable or disable message tracking by using the Exchange Management Console only in Exchange 2007 SP1.
To use the Exchange Management Console to enable or disable message tracking on a Hub Transport server or Edge Transport server in Exchange 2007 SP1, open the Exchange Management Console. Perform one of the following steps:
- On a computer that has the Edge Transport server role installed, select Edge Transport, and then in the action pane, click the Properties link that is directly under the server name.
- On a computer that has the Hub Transport server role installed, in the console tree, expand Server Configuration, and select Hub Transport. In the action pane, click the Properties link that is directly under the server name.
In the Properties page, click the Log Settings tab.
In the Message tracking log section, perform one of the following steps:
- Select Enable message tracking log to enable message tracking.
- Clear Enable message tracking log to disable message tracking.
Click Apply to save changes and remain in the Properties page, or click OK to save changes and exit the Properties page.
For more information on how to configure message tracking in Exchange 2007, see Microsoft Technet.
Please refer to our Online help for more information: Configuring the message tracking data source in Exchange 2007.