Antivirus or backup software open mailboxes and regularly reset the last logon date. Therefore, the "Which mailboxes were not used in the last 30 days" custom report, delivered as an example with the application and available on the Favorites > Capacity Planning and Exchange Migration
menu, may be inaccurate.
To generate a list of mailboxes that are no longer in use, you can alternatively report on mailboxes that have not sent any messages during the specified period thanks to the Mailbox by Traffic Level
report template. You will it on the Templates > Mailbox Traffic
You would apply the following settings:
- Period tab: Select your reporting period;
- Selection tab: Check the All organization mailboxes radio button;
- Group tab: Level 1: No grouping (Organization); Partners tab: Check the All partners radio button;
- Filter tab: Messages count sent = 0;
- Options tab: Check the following radio buttons: Sort by: Number, Sent, Descending; Count a multiple sending as: 1 message;
- Content tab: Select the following check boxes: Messages: Sent; Received; Include: Mailboxes with no traffic;
- Presentation tab: Size in KB: enter the settings of your choice;
- Output tab: Destination: Screen.